We Fight for You!
Due to the limited resources of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the extreme volume of Social Security disability applications processed, more than 60% of initial stage applications are denied. Having representation will help you know and understand your options before filing. In this way a knowledgeable lawyer can help you fully prepare your file, fight for you throughout the application process and bring you the win you and your family deserve.
How Disability Action Advocates Can Help You
The process for obtaining Social Security Disability benefits can be long and complex. You can take the stress and confusion out of your life in this time of need and care for your family more fully with the guidance of a competent Reno Social Security disability lawyer. We never charge a fee unless we successfully resolve your claim and you can trust in us to move the process along swiftly and smoothly. Here are some of the ways we can assist you:
- DAA takes claims when the claimant does not have a doctor's report saying he or she is disabled. A doctor's note is helpful, certainly, but we take cases all the time where such documents do not exist - and we win them!
- You do not have to be disabled for one year before you can apply. You may have heard that you must be disabled for one year before you apply, but that is not true. When you are unable to work for any reason, you should contact us to see if you have a claim. If you have a claim, we will file for you right away.
- DAA does all the paperwork for you, including assisting with the initial filing. You do not have to wait until you have been denied. Please call to get your case moving at the very beginning.
- You can work a part time job and still receive benefits. We work with people all the time who are working part time. The test for disability is whether you can work full time.
- DAA tries to be creative. You can get social security disability benefits even if you are getting worker's compensation benefits. We also look for closed period cases, where you were injured or unhealthy for a certain period of time, and could not work. You may now be back at work full time, but for those few years you could not work. We will go back and get those benefits to which you are entitled.
- The bottom line is that We Fight For You.